“Balahura!” “Mayaman nga, wala namang disiplina!”
Ilan lang yan sa mga salitang maririning mo everytime na may makikita kang basura na wala sa tamang basurahan.
Gaano ba kahirap magtapon ng basura sa tamang basurahan?
Aminin mo man o hindi, isa ka sa mga taong walang disiplina when it comes to throwing trash and garbage. There comes a point kung saan bigla kang tinamad tumayo para itapon yung basura mo o hindi mo makita yung basurahan o just to look cool, you will do something against the rule kaya itatapon mo na lang sa kung saan yung kalat mo. Pero ito aminin mo, isa ka sa mga tao na nagrereklamo ‘pag bumabaha sa lugar nyo. Hypocrisy.
Last orientation day, our school announced that we are now implementing a policy called ZERO WASTE MANAGEMENT, wherein all the trash bin inside the classroom was removed so the students needed to bring their trash with them whenever they leave the classroom. This was not implemented to punish the students but for them to learn proper waste management.
ZERO WASTE MANAGEMENT, wherein all the trash bin inside the classroom was removed so the students needed to bring their trash with them whenever they leave the classroom. This was not implemented to punish the students but for them to learn proper waste management.
Why does it need to be implemented? Here are some points to explain it to you:
- For students to have self-discipline
- With this implementation, students will be able to discipline themselves by doing this good practice. The students will no longer throw garbage anywhere simply because they are required to comply with the school policy.
- Protects the health of students and community
- This only means na pag walang naka kalat na basura, walang babara sa drainage, then there will be no stagnant water na pwedeng pamahayan ng lamok na sanhi ng diarrhea at dengue.
- Reduces carbon
- Kung walang plastic sa lupa, the soil stores more carbon.
Being responsible for your trash in school is a good start in being a good member of the whole community. Let’s not wait for the time where Mother Nature returns the favor for what we have done and let us experience a taste of our own medicine.